How To Use LinkedIn Effectively
Business owners, management and team leaders at recruitment companies are often looking forward and planning where and what to spend on marketing.
Attracting new business and making yourselves known to new candidates and clients will contribute to keeping your brand thriving. However, we understand that a number of marketing elements may need to be utilised more than others in order to avoid unnecessary spend.
Why LinkedIn is vital to recruiters
As we have posted about many times before, LinkedIn is an absolutely vital component of every recruiter’s day job. Not only does it enable you to directly connect with current and potential candidates and clients, but it also provides you with a platform to develop both personal and employer brands.
Whether you’re new to the world of recruitment or you’ve been in the game longer than we have, you’ll know that LinkedIn is one of the most useful and prominent tools you can use to connect with people and develop your business. Without it, you’re extremely limited when it comes to building relationships with individuals and connecting with potential clients and candidates.
Getting the best out of LinkedIn as a recruiter
There are countless ways you can use LinkedIn for marketing as part of your day-to-day recruitment role, including:
- Advertising jobs
- Connecting with existing candidates and clients to maintain your relationships
- Connecting with new candidates and clients to build new relationships
- Searching for candidates for specific roles
- Searching for jobs being advertised by businesses in your sector and connecting with the hiring managers
- Following your competitors to stay one step ahead of the content they are sharing and the services they are offering
- Sharing content in a variety of formats to position yourself as a thought-leader in your industry
- Commenting on other people’s posts to encourage conversations
- Sharing third party content to encourage engagement based on other people’s views and commentary on relevant or newsworthy topics
Incredibly, this is only scratching the surface. The possibilities are endless for recruiters on LinkedIn, and even if you are using a free account as opposed to a paid recruiter account, the opportunities to grow your business are huge.
How to use LinkedIn effectively for business
When considering all of the above points, identifying a LinkedIn marketing strategy may seem slightly overwhelming for some. However, the more you are aware of how to get the most out of the platform in the least time-consuming way will help you to incorporate LinkedIn into your daily routine.
- Identify businesses that are scaling. LinkedIn is an incredible tool when it comes to monitoring organisations in your sector - when you see new funding rounds, senior appointments and acquisitions in your industry, so you can build a better network that is hiring talent or investing in solutions.
- Tap into your network on a daily basis. Whether this is to fill jobs, business development or referrals, the communication opportunities on LinkedIn are unparalleled. There are plenty of social media platforms, but when it comes to professional networks LinkedIn continues to reign supreme.
- Advertise all your jobs on LinkedIn. If you’re eye rolling at the need to post your jobs on yet another platform as well as your website and job boards, your best bet is to invest in a platform that auto-posts jobs to save yourself time.
- Share content regularly to encourage engagement from your connections and their broader networks. The content can be industry-relevant news, your own blogs, videos of yourself advertising jobs, simply sharing your job adverts - the list goes on.
- Research, research, research. Have more informed conversations by researching companies, identifying their decision-makers, and finding podcasts, tweets and news articles that mention them, to have everything you need to personalise your outreach.
Get in touch
If your recruitment business wants to get the most out of LinkedIn, understanding how to post effectively on LinkedIn is the most important element. Book a Paiger demo today to find out how we can maximise your reach and save you a tonne of time in the process.
Check this out
2023 updates and tips to get the maximum reach of your posts
Passive Aggressive Marketing T-Shirts, All For Charity
Learn how a startup is tackling marketing
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020