Social media tips for small recruitment businesses
If you’re a small recruitment business, setting up and managing social media platforms can be a total minefield and incredibly confusing. If your business isn’t marketing, managing your own social media channels is like having a second job. We’ve pulled together some top tips to help you approach it in a strategic and organised way that will help you to get the best from social.
Don’t throw yourself into social media without formulating a plan. It’s essential to set goals for what you want to achieve so you can monitor how successful you are being and to see where you can improve. Consider the following:
1. Set goals and objectives
As with any marketing plan, it’s important to set SMART goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and of course timely. Social media isn’t just about getting more likes, it’s about engaging with people who are genuinely interested in your business and who will become new clients or candidates.
2. Research the competition
Have a look at what your closest competition and learn from this. Whilst you don’t want to be copying their content, it’s important to look at what is and isn’t working for them so that you can apply this to your own social media.
3. Consider which platforms
Before you set up social media accounts, consider if these are the right ones for you. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube all serve different purposes so do your research to understand which ones will really help your business. If your candidates or clients aren’t on those platforms, do you need more than LinkedIn?
4. Know your target audience
As with any marketing activity, it’s essential to know and understand your target audience. Think about where your target audience is likely to be spending time on social media and focus your efforts here.
5. Create a calendar
Although some of your social media activity will inevitably be reactive and responding to questions and comments you receive, it’s also important to have a base plan as a starting point. Create a social media content calendar that plots out your planned content for the month ahead for each platform. Remember the 80/20 rule, which is that 80% of your content should inform, educate or entertain your audience and the remaining 20% should promote or sell your brand/product.
Whether you want to harness the power of social media to engage with customers or potential job candidates, speak to the experts at Paiger today.